Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence, Tessa Thompson and More Stars Land Covers for Elle's 2017 Women in Hollywood Issue

Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence, Tessa Thompson and More Stars Land Covers for Elle's 2017 Women in Hollywood Issue


These women are showing Hollywood who's boss. 

On Monday, Elle released the cover stars of its annual Women in Hollywood issue. For 2017, Jennifer Lawrence, Margot Robbie, Laura Dern, Tessa Thompson, Jessica Chastain, Cicely Tyson, Riley Keough and Kathleen Kennedy earned strong individual covers, but spoke in unison on themes about emboldening fellow women in the industry, expanding the scope of female characters on TV and in film and taking action to move the needle in their own careers. 

"I never thought I'd want to be a producer. I'd always wanted to direct and write, but I got to a point as an actress where I felt like I was everyone's puppet," Robbie told the magazine. "I thought, Why don't I get a say in the art I'm making?"

In addition to the I, Tonya star's perspective, 92-year-old industry icon Tyson spoke on the scope of beauty in her career while 28-year-old Keough discussed her experience with nudity on set. 

Here are this year's cover stars in their own words:

As Laura Dern wrote on social media, "Honored to be part of this tribe of inspiring women. Thank you Elle!"

SHARE
Subscribe to get free updates

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment